Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Eco-Summer Bag


As I putting together my bag of stuff to take to the park while hubby goes fishing I realized I have a bag full of eco-stuff. Even the bag is green.

Here's my summer eco-bag:

Bring It In a Bag -Jute Tote

Bug Bam wrist bands to keep the bugs away

ecoSMART bug spray

Brittanie's Thyme bug bite relief in case we get bit

Psi Bands because my daughter's been feeling a little nauseous and under the weather the past few days

Jamar Labs wipes, these handy little things are made from 100% cotton and are biodegradable and contain no parabens or other gunk. They make for easy cleaning for the kids after playing in the park and grabbing onto icky fish from the lake

Vive Sana Sunscreen Solar to Polar Baby- this is what goes on the little guy and me, we are both very fair

KINeSYS Girls spray sunscreen goes on my 10 year old, she loves the scent

20 Easy Ways to Help Save the Earth is a great kids book by Michigan author Coach Pedro and his wife Susan Adam Rita. The book is bilingual and is a great way to further the kids knowledge of spanish and learning more about saving the earth. Currently the 10 year old is reading it to the 3 year old and they are having a lot of fun trying to figure out the Spanish words.




I am reading The Lazy Environmentalist on a Budget. As everyone knows I am green, but being green on a budget is even better. This is Josh Dorfman's follow up book to The Lazy Environmentalist and is basically a shopping guide to help you find the best green products and the best green deals. Fab book. This one is going to take up residence right next to my computer as a go to guide when I am looking for the best green stuff.



So that's my green bag of summer eco-stuff for today's trip to the park.

No comments: